Gear re-Store has spent years – and will continue to spend more years – evaluating optimal cleaning and durable water repellency (DWR) solutions for the industry. We will not force you into a solution...we will work together to find the best solution for your application.
What is CO2 Tersus® Cleaning?
As far as cleaning garments goes, cleaning with CO2 is absolutely revolutionary. By placing the washing compartment under very high pressure, CO2, normally in its gaseous state, becomes liquid. With far less surface tension than water, liquid CO2 penetrates deeply into the fibres of your garments, cleaning them completely. Once clean, the pressure of the tank is release, and the CO2 returns to its gaseous state. Your garment emerges in a like-new condition, completely dry.
Benefits of CO2 Cleaning
- CO2 is less abrasive than water, wash cycles are shorter, and no heat is used, so the wash cycle is minimally destructive. Fabric comes out restored in feel and colour.
- Down gets lofted to like-new state.
- DWR coating gets renewed to a like-new state.
CO2 Tersus® Cleaning is great for the environment.
- Thousands of liters of water saved.
- No hazardous chemicals are used or released into the water-cycle.
- CO2 is non-toxic; non-hazardous; non-mutagenic; non-flammable
- The CO2 is over 99% recycled, so very little is released as waste.